On Sunday 11th May 1947, San Remo attended the IV International Concorso d’Eleganza. With this very successful event, the Automobile Club of Sanremo offered a truly magnificent open-air motor show to the admiration of a large crowd on the promenade of Corso Imperatrice, in which the best and most modern art of car bodywork was widely represented. Italian industry was largely present, with its best production presented by many private owners. After a careful examination by the Jury of all the competing cars, the parade took place through the center of San Remo. The main authorities watched the parade from a special stage near Palazzo Riviera, including the Prefect of Imperia, Dr. Tedeschi, the President of the Provincial Tourist Board rag. Musso, the President of the Autonomous Stay, adv. Bobba, the President of the CIRT comm. Battagliotti, as well as the Secretary of the French Government, Mr. Michelin. Authorities, technicians and the numerous public who attended sanctioned the magnificent success of the event, the merit of which goes back particularly to avv. Pestrino and Dr. Vismar, respectively President and Director of the Automobile Club San Remo. The Jury, chaired by Eng. D’Alò, was carried out by Count Revelli di Beaumont, by Dr. Nizza, by avv Cataldo, Duke Borea d’Olmo and Eng. Grossi.
Coppa San Remo: Lancia Aprilia Cabriolet Pininfarina