Fiat's inhouse coachbuilder was created initally in 1910 and was officially born in 1925 as "Vetture Speciali" with its plant located in via Madama Cristina, Turin. It didn't last long, in fact it was sold to Società Anonima Microtecnica six years later in 1931. Some years later a new department with the name "Carrozzerie Speciali" or "Officine Lingotto" was created in order to body special and limited cars to compete with the more famous coachbuilders. This department was under the direction of Dante Giacosa and designer Luigi Rapi. It ceased its producion in the early 1960's. We've decided to gather both together as one coachbuilder.