Maserati A6 1500 GT
In January 1940, Maserati, which had been purchased in 1937 by the Modena industrialist, Adolfo Orsi, moved to the new, modern premises in Modena. Research into a new Gran Turismo automobile immediately began but was put on hold during the war. In 1947, however, Maserati presented the prototype, a coupè with pop-up headlights designed by Pinin Farina, at the Geneva Motor Show. This speciment belongs to Museo Nicolis and is the second one built and was on show in October 1947 at the ltalian Bodywork Show at the Milan Triennale. There are several aesthetic differences compared to the Geneva prototype (e.g. the headlights, the rear window, the shape of the tail).